Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHRISTIANITY AND GOD

Go down 
+11
bravo4
Harry Asinballs
| Andy |
~Baykuh~
HomerBall667
Jonesy
Skellington
Riley
David
BRIK
Dan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Dan

CHRISTIANITY AND GOD Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:20 am

Let's argue over the existence of God!

BIBLE TIME: How come in the first testament, God floods people, and kills first born kids, and just acts like a total bastard, and in the new testament, he's all loving and forgiving? Isn't he meant to be everywhere at once?
And, if I may quote Epicurus...
Quote :
Epicurus wrote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:41 am

Maybe its because he doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
David
David

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:04 am

It's funny, because so many "gods" are all the same, simply different names. They all help the ones who follow them, and they all pass judgement apon those who don't. Yet we all go to heaven (according to christianity) unless we REALLY screw up.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:34 am

Quote :
Yeah probably. lol
Back to top Go down
Riley

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:52 am

I've heard people say a heap of different things about God's dickishness in the first testament. My RE teachers said about 32 bazillionjillion times that jesus died for our sins and god has taken mercy and yada yada yada, stuff about the correlation between the time they were written and when it all took place, and a bunch more junk

To be honest I'm pretty sure the majority of the old testament is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:01 am

So you go to a christian school?
Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:19 am

I feel your pain, Riley. I went to one too.
I always find it sad to watch people pray, because deep down I don't really think anyone is listening.
Back to top Go down
Riley

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks guys, your support helps more than you could ever know
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:51 am

We try our best.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:09 am

You know what I hate? When you ask christians questions about religion that prove them wrong, they answer with "God works in mysterious ways".
What a cop-out answer.
Back to top Go down
Skellington
Skellington

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:57 am

Why say that God created us when God is really a fabrication of Man to explain the impossible. What humans dont understand, needs to be explained. An omniscient, omnipresent being fits the bill nicely. God is just mans excuse for the unexplained
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:05 am

Skellington wrote:
Why say that God created us when God is really a fabrication of Man to explain the impossible. What humans dont understand, needs to be explained. An omniscient, omnipresent being fits the bill nicely. God is just mans excuse for the unexplained

Hmm, agreed.
what people don't seem to understand is that ALL religious artifacts, including the bible, weren't written by their god and didn't just drop outta the sky, THEY WERE CREATED BY MAN. All these people who treat these "sacred texts" seriously are stubborn, nieve idiots. THEY ARE A WORK OF FICTION, people should stop taking them so goddamned literally.

secondly, I don't think religion is the problem. If you wanna believe that you were created by some six-armed elephant or some old guy in the sky, fine, I couldn't give a shit, its your right to believe whatever you want (no matter how stupid it is). What IS the problem is people who use this to manipulate others, and gain power over them, the people that enforce and impose their beliefs apon others, and the people who use it as an excuse to incite violence. the Vatican and the Church, for instance. Religion is not the problem, people are the problem.

Lastly, Christianity is shit. Pastafarianism ALL the way! Who in their right mind can argue with a Beer volcano and a Stripper factory? Not me. Razz
RAmen.
Back to top Go down
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:24 am

BRIK wrote:
[/thread]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:22 am

Jonesy wrote:
THEY ARE A WORK OF FICTION, people should stop taking them so goddamned literally.
[quote]goddamned literally.[quote]

...Heh.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:13 am

Heh heh...
Back to top Go down
| Andy |
Settling in
| Andy |

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Riley wrote:
I've heard people say a heap of different things about God's dickishness in the first testament. My RE teachers said about 32 bazillionjillion times that jesus died for our sins and god has taken mercy and yada yada yada, stuff about the correlation between the time they were written and when it all took place, and a bunch more junk

To be honest I'm pretty sure the majority of the old testament is bullshit.

The majority is an understatement, much closer to THE ENTIRE FUCKING IDEA. no personal attack intended.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:20 am

'God' is a point of view. I am not religious, and I certianly don't believe in any sort of 'God' from a religious standpoint, but I would say I do believe in 'God' from a more scientific and a logical stantpoint. After all, This universe and everything we know didn't just get shat out of nothingness did it? there has to have been something that started it off, maybe some unimaginable moment of pure energy, that caused the big bang and from there life as we know it. 'God'. It's just a name given to a concept that we can never understand. Much like 'x' in algebra, its just a name given to an unknown quantity.
Back to top Go down
Riley

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:32 am

The whole point of algebra is to find the value of 'x' though.

That's besides the point though.

I've heard that stuff about the big bang just constantly repeating. The universe keeps expanding and contracting until the next big bang, then everything starts all over again. Though that doesn't necassarily answer the question of what happened in the very beginning.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:45 am

Riley wrote:
The whole point of algebra is to find the value of 'x' though.

Well thats what religion and science BOTH try to do, its just religion does a really crap job of it. Religion is like the kid in Maths class who doesn't know anything so he just writes stupid stories on all the exam questions. lol

Riley wrote:
I've heard that stuff about the big bang just constantly repeating. The universe keeps expanding and contracting until the next big bang, then everything starts all over again. Though that doesn't necassarily answer the question of what happened in the very beginning.

And thats the big question. How the FUCK did it start? I will give you many an internet if you can answer it for me. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:56 am

It may have had something to do with some nerds...

CHRISTIANITY AND GOD The-big-bang-theory
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:56 am

BEWWWBS!!!
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:53 am

Lol. That is TOTALLY how our universe started Very Happy
I WANTS DA BEEEEEEWWWBBS!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Riley

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:57 am

Jonesy wrote:
Religion is like the kid in Maths class who doesn't know anything so he just writes stupid stories on all the exam questions. lol
hahaha, that is without a doubt, the best summary of religion I have ever heard. I award you plenty of internet.

Quote :
And thats the big question. How the FUCK did it start? I will give you many an internet if you can answer it for me. lol Razz
I've heard that theaory that the whole big bang thing is a continous loop, which has no start, nor an ending. It sounds somewhat plausibe, becuase the human brain does have limitations of what it can comprehend. But saying that humans cannot comprehend the space time continuum is a lot more believable than saying we can't understand the workings of god, who may not even exist. At least the big bang theory has some basis on fact.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:57 am

Boobs ftw.
Back to top Go down
Harry Asinballs
Harry Asinballs

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm

[b]Religion is a crutch for weak minded fools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANITY AND GOD   CHRISTIANITY AND GOD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIANITY AND GOD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next