Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Marijuana Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

The Marijuana Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:47 am

This forum is dying...

So lets start a thread about drugs!

So its classified as a drug, woop-de-fucking do. It ain't crack cocaine.
Now I personally wouldn't go anywhere near hard drugs or pills. You don't know whats in them as the drug dealers put any old shit in them so they are cheaper for them to sell. But weed comes out of the ground, its a bloody plant. Different civilizations have been using it for thousands of years.
Its illegal because it changes your perspective on things, but hey so does alcohol! And there are shops everywhere selling that and its perfectly legal!

Alcohol bumps up whatever emotion you have at the time, so if you're angry you're just going to get angrier. This is how wives get bashed! With weed it mellows you out whatever mood you happen to be in anyway, so you could be in an angry wife bashing mood and either A) drink booze and get even more pissed off or B) smoke some chronic and calm the fuck down.
Yet pot is the illegal one? It doesn't even give you hangovers!

There is lots of shit the government has said to make us stay away from it, like it is addictive. I hear that it is less addictive than coffee. I only ever smoke it every couple of months, and I never feel the need for it in between. Last time I tried A cigarette I was gagging for one the next day, I managed though because they don't even do much, so its totally not worth all the health problems they cause.
The Marijuana leaf isn't bad for you at all, the only thing that is bad for you is the actually smoking of it. But you can of course do it a million other ways (ie in tea or cookies).

Compared to cigarettes (which causes lots of problems because of the millions of chemicals in them) and alcohol (which causes liver problems and brain damage) weed is hardly bad at all. Yet it is the one which is illegal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
Lyall
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Lyall

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:09 am

Personally, I would never smoke weed myself, or take any other drugs (I don't plan on drinking or smoking either by the way, I just drink coffee,) and I don't have too many issues with casual smokers. But it's when people start smoking every day that gets to me. I really don't think anything of that kind should be used as a mood altering substance, there are better ways to change yourself.

I would have an issue with my friends smoking it, but I guess that's me being over-protective of their health and the fact it's illegal. Yes, it may be less dangerous than smoking and alcohol (although there's evidence either way,) but that doesn't change the fact it IS illegal, even if you don't agree with the classification.

In short, I'm more on the negative side, don't really see the point in it, would never do it myself but would have more issues with my friends/family drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes due to addictive/health factors.

I feel it's not really my place to make judgments about a topic I don't know much about though... if you can link non-biased articles or something that that would be great (and yes, I count your opinion as biased sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

Personally, I would never touch the stuff myself, I have seen the negative effects it has had on people, sometimes it isn't so good.

I would say the reason that it's illegal is More because of it's mind-altering side effects than it's harmful side effects. Whereas most other drugs can be classified into either depressent, stimulant, or hallucinogen, Marijuana can exhibit all of these properties, sometimes making it pretty dangerous.

Think about it. It's gonna take you alot more alcohol to get you drunk than it is weed to get you stoned. Tobacco and cigarettes may be harmful in the long run, but there not gonna fuck with your head and your perception like cannabis is.

These mind-altering effects can be deadly in the wrong envrionment or situation, making it much more harmful in the short run than in the long run.

BRIK wrote:
The Marijuana leaf isn't bad for you at all, the only thing that is bad for you is the actually smoking of it. But you can of course do it a million other ways (ie in tea or cookies).
Thats bullshit.
Wikipedia wrote:
Cannabis use has been assessed by several studies to be correlated with the development of anxiety, psychosis, and depression. Indeed, a 2007 meta-analysis estimated that cannabis use is statistically associated, in a dose-dependent manner, to an increased risk in the development of psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia.

And smoking it, which is by far the most popular option, just adds more problems on top of that, giving you almost a six times higher risk of contracting some from of cancer, which is about three times higher than cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:42 am

Some more fun facts about Marijuana:
-Marijuana's adverse affects on learning, memory, and problem solving can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off. As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time.
-Research on the long-term effects of marijuana abuse indicates some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs, such as cocaine and heroin.
-Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke.
-Long-term marijuana abuse can lead to addiction; that is, compulsive drug seeking and abuse despite its known harmful effects upon social functioning in the context of family, school, work, and recreational activities.

It's Harmless? Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:48 am

I have to note that many of the problems you are referring to are from long term use.
I personally use it maybe 4 or 5 five times a year, if that. If someone wants to be the dude who smokes it everyday then that's their problem. I see no problem in it being used occasionally, and if you don't want to do it at all then don't do it, I'm not going to bag you for it.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:35 am

Lol, I'm sorry if i come off a little harsh there.
It's like anything else I guess, it's ok in moderation.
BUT.....
BRIK wrote:
I have to note that many of the problems you are referring to are from long term use.
....And what do you think people are going to do if it IS made leagal?
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:43 am

Jonesy wrote:

....And what do you think people are going to do if it IS made leagal?

People drink themselves off benches and roll around, and that's legal. So why not?
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:13 am

Because the affects of Marijuana are gonna be alot more dangerous and harmful than "People drinking themselves off benches and rolling around".

With alcohol, you have to have to have around 3-6 standard drinks (depending on tolerance) to get you to a state of complete intoxication. Marijuana, on the other hand, it takes as little as 1 puff to get you completely high. And because Marijuana has such a wide array of properties spanning depressant, stimulant, and hallucinogen, being stoned will impair your judgement and perception alot more than if you were intoxicated off alcohol. As I said before, the legality of it is not so much to do with the long term effects so much as it is about the short term effects, and the strength of the stuff. Put bluntly, Marijuana will fuck with you so much more than alcohol will at a smaller dose. This makes it so much more dangerous. With booze, you can measure what you consume so that it doesn't affect you, or it affects you very little. with Marijuana you just can't do this. Also, booze won't affect you for up to a week after you drink it, either.

An example. Me and a friend I used to know (who shall remain nameless) went out to get some weed and stuff, cause he wanted to get stoned. We ended up in some public park, where he got stoned. he didn't have any clue what was going on, walked out onto the road, in front of an oncoming car. He's only alive 'cause I managed to pull him out of the way and the car managed to somewhat swerve around him. After he began to get stoned regularly his school marks went to shit.

Think about it. If Marijuana were made legal, it would be readily available to most people, all it would take is an over-the-counter purchase like cigarettes. People would smoke them, etc all the time, much like people do with ciggies. this would cause all the previously mentioned health issues to arise from long-term abuse of the drug. It's just a stupid consideration really, seeing as smoking causes enough healthcare issues as it is.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:20 am

As I said before, it depends on the person taking it. That same person could drink a whole lot of booze and stumble in front of a car. But that is really my only argument, so have a funny picture.

The Marijuana Thread 1227408229819.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:25 am

BRIK wrote:
As I said before, it depends on the person taking it. That same person could drink a whole lot of booze and stumble in front of a car. But that is really my only argument, so have a funny picture.

It doesn't change the fact that marijuana is always gonna be stronger than booze and will fuck with you MORE. Thus it is more dangerous and thus it is banned. It's nowhere near as bad as other drugs such as Heroin and Ecstasy, but nowhere near as harmless as you make it out to be.

And I cant see your funny picture Sad
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:50 am

Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:01 am

YAY!!! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:06 am

This is now a funny stoner picture thread!

The Marijuana Thread 13437d1258321856-funny-motivational-posters-03489062
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:55 am

The Marijuana Thread N1081211
Back to top Go down
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:40 am

YAY MORE POSTS.

Starting a drug thread always does that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:18 pm

The Marijuana Thread CM54~Marijuana-Not-Crack-Posters
Back to top Go down
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:18 am

BRIK wrote:
The Marijuana Thread CM54~Marijuana-Not-Crack-Posters
Marijuana, you won't believe its not crack!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marijuana Thread   The Marijuana Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marijuana Thread
Page 1 of 1