Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gay rights

Go down 
+9
Riley
Censorship
jesusmilk
BRIK
Jonesy
DK_Hammer
David
Skellington
~Baykuh~
13 posters
AuthorMessage
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:17 am

Same-sex marriage should be legal.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Skellington
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Skellington

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:12 am

It should be legalised in my opinion. They have every right to be miserable like all straight couples Razz

In all seriousness though, I support them
Back to top Go down
David
David

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Skellington wrote:
It should be legalised in my opinion. They have every right to be miserable like all straight couples Razz

In all seriousness though, I support them

Haha yeah, it really does not make any sense. Are they any les human than us? I think NOT. Give them the same rights and liberties as all "normal" people have
Back to top Go down
DK_Hammer
Settling in
DK_Hammer

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Marriage is the Bringing together of 2 people into 1. The only reason the western world has this is because it is a christian god type thing... and its meant for a female and a male to be together.. if u let gay people get married then it just defies the point of getting married
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:19 am

Who cares if it defies the 'point' of it being a christian thing? It's the point that they should have the same rights and be able to be recognized as a married couple.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:02 am

I think they should have every right to get married. they are no different to the rest of us, why are they discriminated as such? It's not like these people CHOOSE to be gay. you're prettymuch born that way, whether you like it or not.

just on an interesting tangent, If God created everyone and everything (as Christians believe), Then he must have created Homosexuality, Right? And yet Christians still Discriminate against them, saying that "It is not the way God intended". Fucking Hypocrites. And yet another strike against Christianity.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:09 am

That's like what, 4000 strikes now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:54 am

OVER 9000!!!!
Back to top Go down
jesusmilk

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:52 am

true but dont forget getting married gives couples legal rights so its discrimination and dictatorship hmm smells like Rudd
Back to top Go down
Censorship
Knows shit
Censorship

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Jonesy wrote:
I think they should have every right to get married. they are no different to the rest of us, why are they discriminated as such? It's not like these people CHOOSE to be gay. you're prettymuch born that way, whether you like it or not.

just on an interesting tangent, If God created everyone and everything (as Christians believe), Then he must have created Homosexuality, Right? And yet Christians still Discriminate against them, saying that "It is not the way God intended". Fucking Hypocrites. And yet another strike against Christianity.

Its just like saying, If god made me an Atheist then who are you to question him.

I also support gay marriage.
Back to top Go down
Riley

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:18 am

I'm only stating what I've heard from other christians and what I've been preached at school - but apparently god gave people the choice to be athiests/homosexuals becuase if everyone was forced to be christian, there would be no rewrd for living life faithful to God. I know it's bullshit but that's what they believe.

Every time evolution comes up "oh I don't deny evolution is true, but humans certainly didn't eveolve from monkeys"
Every time homosexuality comes up "people always have the choice whether to be gay or not"

It's not that bloody hard to realise that most homosexuals do not have a choice, and people did evolve from monkeys, whether they like it or not.

I think at some point, the church will have no influence at all on governments in all major countries and unions, or it will take over completely. I think it's pretty obvious that church and state should always be seperate, but the amount of backlash that most governments would recieve if they abolished all christian influnced laws would be huge.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:53 am

Riley wrote:
but the amount of backlash that most governments would recieve if they abolished all christian influnced laws would be huge.

What kind of laws do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lyall

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:46 am

BRIK wrote:
Riley wrote:
but the amount of backlash that most governments would recieve if they abolished all christian influnced laws would be huge.

The only ones I can think of are those countries/states (I'm thinking more America here) that still don't allow gay marriage. The teaching of evolution used to be banned in some South American states years ago, but I doubt it still is... I should check up on that. I can't find any other sites with specific influences that don't have religious bias - they're going on about how much good Christian and Catholic laws are helping modern laws and such.

Gay marriage has my full support. What the hell does gay marriage have to do with any outside observing Christian, or any other homophobe for that matter? Nothing at all, yet some of them still insist on kicking up a fuss about something that doesn't even involve them. Marriage may have started with Christianity, uniting under god, but atheists get married, why shouldn't gay people get the same leeway?
Back to top Go down
Riley

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:29 am

BRIK wrote:
Riley wrote:

The only federal law that springs to mind at the moment are the lack of gay rights, although I've been pretty pissed off about the WA Catholic Association passing the internal law that all PSA schools in WA have to have religion as a compulsory subject for the TE exams. I've had relatives and friends who've had to do religion at some point in their own TEE, and they've said it was a pretty easy subject. It seems even if you only manage a passable grade you can push that up to much more impressive score by just preaching about how amazing Jesus was.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:09 am

Riley wrote:
The only federal law that springs to mind at the moment are the lack of gay rights, although I've been pretty pissed off about the WA Catholic Association passing the internal law that all PSA schools in WA have to have religion as a compulsory subject for the TE exams. I've had relatives and friends who've had to do religion at some point in their own TEE, and they've said it was a pretty easy subject. It seems even if you only manage a passable grade you can push that up to much more impressive score by just preaching about how amazing Jesus was.

Off on another tangent here, but I seriously hate the idea of Religion being taught in schools. If something is going to be taught, shouldn't it have irrefutable evidence behind it? one would think so. And yes intelligent design supporters argue that because their theory can't be proven wrong, then it must be true. It's Nieve, ignorant and stupid. Innocent until proven guilty. Not a theory until it's a PROVEN theory. You can't convict someone in court but by proving that the defendant is wrong. you have to prove that you are RIGHT. That usually means evidence, something most religious theories do NOT have. It's sad that they still teach intelligent design as a mandatory subject in most American classrooms. I feel sorry for them. Its no wonder most Americans are so stupid. Razz
Back to top Go down
Riley

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:56 am

I don't mind having religion as a subject , it can be pretty interesting sometimes. And afterall, having background knowledge on a subject makes it much easier to debate against.

Most of the stuff we're taught is more to be men of integrity, honesty, patience and all of that stuff. It's more of lesson in ethics than religion. They actually don't teach us a lot of the stuff like abstinance before marriage and the rest of the christian rubbish trypical of most catholic schools. I think my school has actually accepted that most people who go to a private school, go there for the resources available to them and the quality of education, rather than it's religous activities.

Though I am very pissed off about religion being a compuslory TEE subject.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:57 am

I guess I'm not against people learning it if they want too, after all, it all goes back to freedom of choice and all that, but I strongly disagree with it being made mandatory. I know that in the USA theres a big push for proper Science and Itelligent Design to be given a mandatory equal amount of time in each class, so that effectively only half of their science lesson is spent learning real science and the rest of it is spent learning this intelligent design crap. Shouldn't people be given the choice of which they want to learn?
that shit just sickens me.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:01 am

''Intelligent Design?''
Sounds like a smart name for 'shit.'
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:43 am

BRIK wrote:
''Intelligent Design?''
Sounds like a smart name for 'shit.'

Lol, prettymuch. If we were made by some 'higher being' then whoever it was was really not that intelligent at all. Lol.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Haha no we're a fucked up race of people.
Back to top Go down
PwnageMachine
PwnageMachine

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Jonesy wrote:

You can't convict someone in court but by proving that the defendant is wrong, you have to prove that you are RIGHT.

Unless you smuggle drugs into Bali. GG Shapelle Corby
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 am

Pfft. Shapelle Corby is OBVIOUSLY guilty. Today Tonight SAID so. Razz
Back to top Go down
razor1398

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: I think gay marriage should be legal   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Love is not a crime, it hurts nobody if you are gay and married.
Back to top Go down
Oxygen

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

I don't support gay people at all, but I don't hate them. I was thought that man is meant to be with a woman and I'll stick to it. And its kinda icky Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gay rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay rights   Gay rights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gay rights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Flame Wars :: Other Flame War-
Jump to: