Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pure Fruit Juices

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 am

I just don't like them. SQUASH FTW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
PwnageMachine
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
PwnageMachine

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:50 am

'fake' fruit juice is way better.
Back to top Go down
Skoje
Knows shit
Skoje

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:55 am

Yo! Get me summa dat Cool Aid!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneOneNine
ysfd12

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:20 am

Your children drink their juice like there’s no tomorrow, and you think you’re giving them a healthy alternative to soda and a more flavorful alternative than water. But do you realize that your child’s fruit juice consumption, not to mention your own, could be a huge culprit of weight gain and large rates of childhood obesity? But how can this be? Fruit equates with healthy, right? Not necessarily...

The truth is that fruit juices and fruit beverages are contributing to a high rate of obesity among children. The wrong kind of fruit juice can also lead to cavities (from the high amount of sugar) and gastrointestinal problems (from the high fructose-to-glucose ratio), such as diarrhea, excessive gas, bloating and abdominal pain. Fruit juice is high in calories and sugar, which actually tends to increase a child’s appetite. Then children eat more on top of the calories they consumed in the fruit juice, especially if children are drinking it throughout the day, which is where another problem lies.
Back to top Go down
William B
William B

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:52 am

Skoje wrote:
Yo! Get me summa dat Cool Aid!
Oh yeah!
Back to top Go down
William B
William B

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:17 pm

ysfd12 wrote:
Your children drink their juice like there’s no tomorrow, and you think you’re giving them a healthy alternative to soda and a more flavorful alternative than water. But do you realize that your child’s fruit juice consumption, not to mention your own, could be a huge culprit of weight gain and large rates of childhood obesity? But how can this be? Fruit equates with healthy, right? Not necessarily...

The truth is that fruit juices and fruit beverages are contributing to a high rate of obesity among children. The wrong kind of fruit juice can also lead to cavities (from the high amount of sugar) and gastrointestinal problems (from the high fructose-to-glucose ratio), such as diarrhea, excessive gas, bloating and abdominal pain. Fruit juice is high in calories and sugar, which actually tends to increase a child’s appetite. Then children eat more on top of the calories they consumed in the fruit juice, especially if children are drinking it throughout the day, which is where another problem lies.

Fruit juice do contains a bit of sugar which can lead to tooth cavities, but to say that fruit juice contains enough sugar to lead to obesity and the gastrointestinal problems you listed is insane. There are many foods that are commonly eaten that are more likely to cause the conditions you listed. Most of the Western population drink lots of fruit juice each day and yet many of us are not overweight.
Childhood obesity is rising, the main dietary cause is fatty foods such as fast food. Sugary food can also lead to obesity, but this is less common since sugars are stored less than lipids and are rarely converted to lipids.
Eating lots of sugar can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhoea, excessive gas, bloating and abdominal pain, although you would have to eat pretty much pure sugar to cause these symptoms. To cause abdominal pain and diarrhoea the concentration of sugar would have to be high in the alimentary canal to cause water to move from the blood into the alimentary canal. To cause excessive gas, bloating and abdominal pain a lot of sugar would have to get to the large intestine to be metabolised by the bacteria there, since most of the sugar would be absorbed into the blood by then the amount of sugar that you would have to eat would be huge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pure Fruit Juices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure Fruit Juices   Pure Fruit Juices I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Fruit Juices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Flame Wars :: Drink-
Jump to: