Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOOKS!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:54 am

In this forum you can debate book related arguments.
Think Harry Potter is overrated? Think Nineteen Eighty-Four is the best book ever written?
Post it here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
Lyall
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Lyall

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:41 am

Just as a general thing, I hate it when authors put stuff that can be considered subliminal messaging / double meaning every other page. It makes my life horrible in English class.

I liked Harry Potter, until things got romantic, heroic and cliche at the end. Yes, I know the whole series was cliche, but at least before that point it was enjoyable.

I hate Twilight. End of.

I think White Fang by Jack London is one of the greatest books ever written, and that Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events is the work of a genius. An insane, amazing genius.

I also believe people don't read enough these days.

I'm not sure if any of that was debate worthy, but there's my addition to the thread.
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:53 am

Best series ever is the Black Jewels Trilogy and all the other Anne Bishop books set in the same world.
Is basically fantasy.. with a lot of dark themes in it...rape, murder, corruption of power...

It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:38 am

Some of the best books I have ever read would have to be the Tomorrow Series by Aussie author John Marsden. It's prettymuch about a group of teenagers that escape the invasion of Australia and survive as guerrillas, putting you in the shoes of 17 year old Ellie. So down-to-earth, gritty, vivid and real, the author doesn't leave anything out. It's not just a war story, it really shows the psychological and the emotional effects of the war on the characters. It's much better than how I just made it sound tho. READ IT! Lol.
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:46 am

Jonesy wrote:
Some of the best books I have ever read would have to be the Tomorrow Series by Aussie author John Marsden. It's prettymuch about a group of teenagers that escape the invasion of Australia and survive as guerrillas, putting you in the shoes of 17 year old Ellie. So down-to-earth, gritty, vivid and real, the author doesn't leave anything out. It's not just a war story, it really shows the psychological and the emotional effects of the war on the characters. It's much better than how I just made it sound tho. READ IT! Lol.

I've read the first 4 or 5... but can never get past that lol. It's being made into a movie, should be out by end of year i think.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:47 am

:O AWESOME!!! hope they don't wreck it tho....
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:53 am

Lol yeah. From what i remember of the trailer they were putting a fair bit of emphasis on the teen relationships. With the girls running around a creek in bikinis lol. But.. i dunno.. it looked ok. Probably won't quite do the books justice though Sad
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Lyall

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:27 am

~Baykuh~ wrote:
Lol yeah. From what i remember of the trailer they were putting a fair bit of emphasis on the teen relationships. With the girls running around a creek in bikinis lol. But.. i dunno.. it looked ok. Probably won't quite do the books justice though Sad

Damnit, I want to see more the war side of things. I loved reading about how it affected them mentally and such, and while a couple of the relationships were appropriate some were just... there. I will still go see it though, no doubting that. I'm just imagining the scene where they blow up all those planes at the airport right now BOOKS!!!!! Imhapp10
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:21 am

Lol. Totally with you there, Lyall. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOOKS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOKS!!!!!   BOOKS!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOKS!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Flame Wars :: Books-
Jump to: