Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!

Go down 
+3
~Baykuh~
BRIK
DRMAY
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DRMAY
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
DRMAY

GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! Empty
PostSubject: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:37 am

All guitarists come one and come all to share the love of the greatest musical instrument ever made!

This thread is open to acoustic players, classical players and good old electric players like myself, James Hetfieldarenko.

Discuss, brands vs brands, wicked riffs (Sweet child o mine and black dog spring to mind), makes, models, gear, amps, sitting styles when playing, ANYTHING!!

One rule, BASS IS NOT A GUITAR AND ISN'T ALLOWED!!

(Seriously, keep it guitar, if you want to start a flame of me and the bass thing, do it in another thread, trying to keep this one simple and not too ragey, THANKS!)

Happy posting!

"Shweed... *peace sign*"
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:43 am

DRMAY wrote:
(Seriously, keep it guitar, if you want to start a flame of me and the bass thing, do it in another thread, trying to keep this one simple and not too ragey, THANKS!)

Um, this is flame war forum where arguing is encouraged. I can move this to The Lounge if you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:44 am

NEVER!!!
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:45 am

lol. Don't get pissy when people start arguing then.
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:11 am

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine... Lol

Also, for the record, my set up is

Jackson JS20 Dinky - Soon to be emg 81 outfitted
AXL Headliner SRO
Some M.Gerarda Classical Guitar
AXL D-1 Distortion Pedal
Behringer X-V Amp Multi Effects Pedal (FTW)
Some shitty AXL 10W Amp, Soon to be replaced with an AXL Rapture 150r
Jim Dunlop 1mm Picks
Ernie Ball Awesome strap

COMMENT AWAY!
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:17 am

Kayne Guitar (?)
10 Watt SX amp (don't be hating)
SX strap (its a fucken strap so don't be hating!)
Gibson pick I got free with a $30 ukulele
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:52 am

I FUCKIN HATE YOUR STRAP!!! ARHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Also, we got some shitty ukulele somewhere... It's best left unfound
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:58 am

I'm gonna paint mine, since its white.
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:03 am

Lol the ukulele?
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:04 am

You're just butthurt because of my winning in the other bass/guitar/drums thread. Poor widdle guitarists all huddlin together..
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:11 am

Butthurt? That's hardly language for a tiny lady such as yourself to be using. Also, STOP TROLLING BEK!! This is a PEACEFUL thread
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:12 am

Tiny lady??
And is not peaceful. Is mean. And discriminatory against basses such as myself.
*Hmmph*
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:17 am

Yoos tiny. Also bassists don't have souls. This is a GUITAR thread bekky, talk about your awesome classical!
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

My classical is dead. Is like half size, missing at least one string, and the rest are out of tune. Em still plays it though, lol. It'd be cool to go out and buy a cheap acoustic to play on. but wanna saves up for a better bass when i can play goodly.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:41 am

WHY ALL THE BASS HATIN?!
Yous guitarists are just too up yourselves (or maybe just you Dr May) to admit that your guitar would sound like SHIT if it wasn't for the bass behind it.

Oh, and by the way, the bass IS a guitar. Hence why it is called a bass GUITAR.
UNLESS it's an upright bass that is.
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:47 am

Yeah!! You tell them!! lol.
And to help Jonesy along.... at least bass can sound awesome without all your little distortion and effects pedals..
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:51 am

How can you tell? You can't actually hear basses, bassists are just there to take up space on stage so it looks less empty, DURR, Besides, please post something constructive to the subject matter of gear, techniques, style, etc or please gtfo. Lol
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:52 am

Not 'till you stop bass hatin. Lol.
Back to top Go down
DRMAY
DRMAY

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:57 am

There's honestly nothing wrong with it, but there's no bassing in this thread, it's guitar specific, please post something contributey?
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:58 am

DRMAY wrote:
please post something constructive to the subject matter of gear, techniques, style, etc or please gtfo. Lol

I plays a bass. Is good. Does that count? Razz
Came as a beginner pack- Ashton AB2 with a 15 watt amp, stand, crappy dvds and a fail strap that broke like 3 days after getting it.

WANTS an Ibanez SR300- candy apple Razz
Haven't tried one yet but plan to. Looks awesome and has some pretty good reviews.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:18 am

As said in the other post, I play a Lefty SX something-or-rather, with P and J pickups and dual volume controls plus tone which can come in pretty handy. I play it through my 15 watt piece-of-shit amp.

It seems to be a pretty good all-rounder bass. I generally play with my fingers, but if I'm playing with a pick, I'll generally use a tortex anywhere between 1.1-1.5, and pick it up near the bridge with only the P pickup on and the tone down to give it that nice sharp punchy punk sound.
I haven't quite mastered how to slap yet Sad

WANTS (later down the track) a Fender Precision Mike Dirnt Signature bass, But they cost a crapload. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lyall

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:47 am

Classical / flamenco guitarist here, so I don't have much to add in terms of gear. I don't know much about electric gear neither, so I'll just go over what I can.

I currently have an Ashton CG 100A classical guitar, which is pretty much the crappiest, oldest guitar in my school, minus those half broken guitars left behind by students past :p. However, constant playing and it's old age has given it a pretty nice sound. The strings are just a cheap brand that I get whenever I ask for guitar strings at the music shop. The action on my guitar is really high, because my frets buzz if I use a lower string height, so I'm looking forward to a lower action guitar one day.

I plan on saving a few grand for an Esteve concert guitar over the next few years. I'm not sure on the specifics, as it's probably a while away, but I've always wanted one, and they have an amazing sound. For strings, I'm starting to experiment with different brands and tensions now that I'm doing TEE performances, and now that I know what to look for.

My teacher's guitar is a guitar originally made for John Williams. That's pretty special imo. I can't wait to hear the sound when it's done being polished and fixed up next week ^^.

Also, bassists, can't you appreciate the fact we love our guitars more than we love bass? It's not discrimination, it's just a passion that we don't hold for every instrument in the universe. If you told me you hated the guitar or violin I personally wouldn't care much (unless you started ranting untruths about either, such as it doesn't take skill to play guitar. We DO have to move our fingers y'know, just like on a bass, and those of us who don't use amps/electric guitars at all take great offense to being told we're just electrified ego maniacs.)
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:28 am

Lol. I have nothing against any guitarist, classical guitarist, or instrumentalist of ANY type for that matter. I think guitars sound great and I'm not doubting that they take a crapload of skill to play. What really busts my bra is people saying that "bass is easy" or that "bass takes no skill". It's crap. Bass is so much more than "BOYUP BOYUP BOYUP". It takes a heap of skill to play good, just like it does on any other instrument.

I don't think all guitarists are egocentric pricks, but it seems to be the case with all the ones I hang out with tho. Razz
Back to top Go down
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:38 am

I'm not a guitarists and I guess I never will be.

GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! Guitar_pluck_it_tshirt-p235169410284103846qw9u_400
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Jonesy wrote:
I don't think all guitarists are egocentric pricks, but it seems to be the case with all the ones I hang out with tho. Razz

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!   GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUITARFAGS REPORT IN!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next