Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bass/Guitar/Drums?

Go down 
+2
BRIK
~Baykuh~
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:24 am

Bassist here Very Happy
Recently started learning slap, s'gon be awesome.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:42 am

Guitars are awesome, mostly because they require talent OH SNAP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:43 am

Meh. I played guitar when i was like 6. No biggie Razz
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:46 am

Ohhh ok lol.
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:47 am

Lol. So THERE! tongue
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:49 am

Imma bassist. ALL the way. I GOTCHA BACK BAYKUH! Razz

Drums'd have to be my second choice. Sooo awesome, but I don't have the room tho Sad Lol.

I bass goofy, and I've currently got a starter SX fender-copy bass. Not too bad, my amp is a piece of shit tho.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:51 am

BRIK wrote:

That'd be why you're so good at guitar eh? Lol
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:51 am

You bass goofy? Razz

I couldn't do drums. We have a kit in the shed... I'm not nearly co-ordinated enough to do more than simple beats. Maybe if I tried i could manage but would probably play guitar before drums.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:01 am

Goofy = Lefty.
and yeah, I'm probably with you on the drums... a lot harder than most people seem to think. but still.... they're pretty awesome. Lol. and I'd rather play them than become a stuck-up arsehole guitarist. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:03 am

Lol ok..

And you DO have a point Razz
But guitar would be more fun to learn... Drums would be fun too but I'd probably just get pissed off at them and try destroy everything.
Back to top Go down
Skellington
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Skellington

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:09 am

HURR DURR I LIEK TO HIT DRUMS!

THEY MAKE LOUD NOISE

YAY
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:19 am

"I can count to four and repeat. I'm a drummer"
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:36 am

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Celebrity-pictures-ringo-starr-plays-drums
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Jonesy wrote:
BRIK wrote:

That'd be why you're so good at guitar eh? Lol

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAT WIFE
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:37 pm

HAHAHA lol!
Back to top Go down
Shinobi
Shinobi

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:46 am

Guitar is better than drums which is better than bass. You can just do so much on guitars- awesome shredding, crazy solos - and Jonesy - for a guitar that sounds good without effects, try an ACOUSTIC guitar. You might have heard of them. Drums can sound really cool sometimes, but you are limited in what you can do with them. They also take up too much space. Basses, you just can't hear. They're either too low so you can't hear them or too high so everything in the room just vibrates. Think of them as simply really big vibrators. Guitars all the way.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:54 am

You might have heard of Acoustic basses too. Very Happy
And you CAN hear bass, without it the guitar just sounds really shallow and crap.
you can do some pretty awesome solos on the bass as well, such as Anesthesia by Metallica, Give it Away by Red Hot chili peppers, and a couple done by The Living end's double bassist during shows. A particular bassist's style it what can make a band really unique too. Just listen to some KoЯn, Anti-Flag, or even Green Day, and you'll hear what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lyall

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Classical guitar anyone? If you want a really nice sounding guitar that takes actual talent/good technique and not pure amplification to play, classical guitar is the way to go. Steel string acoustics are awesome too, but they don't have as rich a sound. I don't mind bass at all that much, they can do quite well by themselves and are really good support (it's so damn fun to play bass when you're used to normal guitars. I have tiny hands, so it's pretty gigglefit worthy for me to play,) and the drums are really only good as support. They just sound like noise by themselves, though I will admit drumming takes skill.

Classical guitar > acoustic guitar > electric guitar > acoustic bass > bass > drums.

Also, Jonesy, if you think guitar sounds shallow and crap without support you've obviously never heard good guitar playing. It's a solo instrument for a reason :/.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi
Shinobi

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Thank You Lyall. There are very little examples of Bass players soloing (and it sounding good). Whereas guitar, by itself, is a magnificent instrument. You can play bass lines, melodies and supporting chords all at the same time. With bass you can play bass.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:26 am

well what do you WANT to play with the bass? the triangle? The Bass is there for a reason, to provide support to the guitar and to lay town the rhythm for the guitarists, etc to play to. It's not there to do solos (even if some bassists CAN do really awesome solos). Being a good bassist doesn't mean you do solos, It means you're good at keeping the rhythm and laying down a nice, groovy, original beat.

and when I was saying that "without it the guitar just sounds really shallow and crap", I was really talking about more of the more of the rock/metal/punk side of things, where the bass, along with the drums, is pretty much the foundation of the guitar. When using Acoustic and classical guitars, I think the sound far better by themselves, especially in a nice ballard or acoustic remake.
Back to top Go down
Skellington
Skellington

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:32 am

Hey Jonesy....

BOYUP
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lyall

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:56 am

Jonesy wrote:
well what do you WANT to play with the bass? the triangle?..

Would you shoot me if I said that bass actually sounds good with the triangle? Not in the sense that bass is simple, but in the sense the sound is actually decent.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi
Shinobi

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:31 am

You basically just made my point for me, Jonesy. Basses are just there to support everyone else, and are nothing without the rest of the band. They either sound bad without the band, or don't sound with the band. And besides, basses are prominent in rave music. Guitars aren't. +1000000 cool points for guitar.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:49 am

I happen to think bases sound pretty good by themselves, especially if you slap them.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi
Shinobi

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:52 am

Since when do you see a world famous bass player making millions for his awesome inaudible skills?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bass/Guitar/Drums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bass/Guitar/Drums?   Bass/Guitar/Drums? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bass/Guitar/Drums?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Flame Wars :: Music-
Jump to: