Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that is entirely based around flame wars. Someone can start a thread praising or challenging a subject and others can join in with their opinions. So come on, join! It's free! And most importantly, fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
+10
Lyall
13entley
Aaron
Wannabe_Hero
HomerBall667
Skellington
BRIK
Dan
~Baykuh~
Jonesy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonesy
Tis Awesome Poster
Jonesy

PostSubject: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:53 am

Is it just me or is everyone sick to death of all the hype surrounding this move?
granted, it was ok, but it wasn't THAT FUCKING GOOD!
I know it was i while ago, but I'M STILL ANGRY!! :@
Back to top Go down
~Baykuh~
Tis Awesome Poster
~Baykuh~

PostSubject: !!   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:02 am

It was pretty damn good in cinemas. I admit the hype is a lil annoying, BUT IT IS AWESOME!! Razz

The worst part is the stories of people becoming depressed after watching the movie because they want to live on Pandora... but can't. Because it's not real... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Dan
Climbing The Ladder Of Awesome
Dan

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:03 am

Such an overhyped movie. The only thing impressive was the CGI, so why is James Cameron getting all the credit? The story was unbelievably shit, and everything else was pretty ordinary.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:24 am

Yeah there is a lot of people going around saying its the best movie they've ever seen. Obviously they don't watch to many movies (besides from Transformers and 300 of course).
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
Skellington
Skellington

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:24 am

I am so god damn sick of this movie.
The message in the movie is what annoys me most. THE MILITARY IS BIG BAD AND MEAN AND WANTS TO HURT YOUR UNBORN BABY AND ALL ITS FRIENDS!

I just think that they really beat the audience over the head with the message. WHY if they hired and PAYED for the nogiator/scientist people, do they just disreguard everything they say? BECAUSE THEY'RE THE BIG BAD MILITARY.

The hippy message is also rammed down the audience's throat. Dont destroy the environment. Sure I can agree but its just so overly done

Stop beating this dead horse and get over this movie.

Also when I saw this movie all i could think was how much the Furries would all go insane about it
God I hate furries...
Back to top Go down
HomerBall667
HomerBall667

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:46 am

I don't know how people are saying the story is amazing, the plot stunk. The only good thing
about it was the Special FX. Therefore I'm not going to watch Avatar II when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/homerball667
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:00 am

Plus, the main character kinda performed borderline bestiality, in a way. That was weird.
Back to top Go down
Wannabe_Hero
Knows shit
Wannabe_Hero

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:42 am

Before I saw this movie I saw the ads for it on T.V

I then predicted the storyline in about 3 minutes.

Then I saw it, I was correct in my predictions.

Terribad storyline, awesome special effects.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:36 am

The CGI in the movie was pretty good, the the lines were cheesy as !@#$. I mean really, "They are VERY hard to kill" Who in the world comes up with a line like that!?
Back to top Go down
http://globnetwork.com
13entley
13entley

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:09 am

The movie was good however i think i preferred it more on blue-ray because the color on a good 51" TV is alot sharper then then color in the cinema and this movie was based practically on the tripiness of the color.

I still stand by the fact that if you were high and watched this your mind would literally be blown
Back to top Go down
Lyall
Lyall

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:12 am

Avatar sucked... the creature design was good, the special effects were nice, but we all know fancy effects simply can't make any movie/game impressive if it has no story to back it up. The main thing I liked most about the movie was the fact Sigourney Weaver was a main character. Very cliche/predictable plot, the hype and furry overload is driving me crazy and it took the name of one of my favourite TV shows and shat all over it. Nonetheless, I'm glad I saw it at least once.
Back to top Go down
13entley
13entley

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Quote :
Avatar sucked... the creature design was good, the special effects were nice, but we all know fancy effects simply can't make any movie/game impressive if it has no story to back it up.

It Does have a story line man and that story line is pocahontas...
Back to top Go down
Censorship
Knows shit
Censorship

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:48 am

Skellington wrote:
Also when I saw this movie all i could think was how much the Furries would all go insane about it
God I hate furries...

Back to top Go down
Boomstar
Knows shit

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Saw this in 3D when it was out in cinemas, way over hyped, effects wern't even that amazing, nothing that haven't been done before.
I never have fallen asleep in a movie in the cinemas, but Avatar was the first movie I actually began to fall asleep in nearing the end.
Not rubbish but far from anything amazing.
Back to top Go down
BRIK
¡Admin!
BRIK

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:46 am

I realized when I left the cinema that I had wasted the later part of the day. I went in there about 2 or 3, and by the time I came out it was nearly dark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brikproductions.110mb.com
| Andy |
Settling in
| Andy |

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:52 pm

13entley wrote:
Quote :
Avatar sucked... the creature design was good, the special effects were nice, but we all know fancy effects simply can't make any movie/game impressive if it has no story to back it up.

It Does have a story line man and that story line is pocahontas...

HAhahah, it's so true.
Back to top Go down
Genghis

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 am

santa When I saw Avatar at the cinemas, I chugged back a litre of gravy and ate a pork roast in the theatre. albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --Avatar--   --Avatar-- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1